it was an awesome weekend. metup some friends & others in and from the open source community. Not too bad for a first time self organised foss event. Volunteers were not too bad too, though they were sorta shy during the closing.
The topics were of a variety, ranging from not so technical talks, to more technical and some talks were abit more “political” (sorry mr Jaya). There were moments of fun too, when the “FOSS kid” took centre stage to take a copy of the OLPC home. Quite amusing and ad hoc.
Kinda wasted that wasn’t able to join the FOSSchix side sessions to hear what its all about.Â Â Anyway, I suppose that there still is next year. Will probably invite more people then…
anyway, have i posted something on the Footstool players play? probably make it the next blog post then.
Being a Malaysian is the best because…
1. World tallest twin towers, Best F1 circuit, largest roti canai, most expensive toll rates, because Malaysia Boleh!
2. We can be driving, picking our nose, cursing another driver, talking on the handphone, adjusting the radio and bribing the traffic police at the same time.
3. We divorce by sending SMS.
4. Traffic summon can be settled on the spot with the traffic police.
5. We have Teh Tarik & Roti Canai on the Russian space ship.
6. We can save a lot of electricity b’coz our TV shows are so crappy.
7. We can blame everything on the haze or George Soros or government or opposition parties or…
8. Resourceful City Council, one person to drive the van, one to carry the ladder, one to change a street’s bulb and three others watching…
9. We make 2 lane trunk roads into 3 lane highway and back to 2 lane when polices are sighted
10. There’s always something for the JKR to do. They dig, resurface the road, dig and resurface…
11. All main roads are designated highway because it gives Velooo a reason to collect toll.
12. Our government can never be wrong.
13. Our badminton players can only win on home grounds because we are kampung champions.
14. We have more water than Singapore … nyek nyek nyek.
After reading the above, I believe you will agree with me that being Malaysian is still the best. You have to be glad that you are a Malaysian and enjoy staying in Malaysia !
from a friend’s note in Facebook, lol.. (ps:not to be taken too seriously lah…)